Have you snapped your wander along the length of Hadrian’s Wall? Did you Instagram your moment at the top of Mount Snowdon? How many selfies did you take along the Pembrokeshire Coast Path? Did you manage to hold the camera still while juggling a toddler on The Needles chairlift? Have you given in to your inner child and deigned to halt the car as you passed a village sign that made you chuckle?
Whichever UK landmark you love, we want to see it
Well, more precisely, we want to see your photo of it, even better: a photo of you at said UK landmark.
We’re offering one lucky reader the chance to win a Panasonic TZ70/ZS50 travel camera worth £229. Ask any professional photographer and they’ll say that Panasonic invented the travel camera. So you’ll be kitted out with the best of the best for your future travel snaps.
How to enter
To be in with a chance of winning this fabulous piece of photographic kit, all you have to do is send us a photo of you at your favourite British landmark to firstname.lastname@example.org including your Instagram handle (e.g. @lovecottages).
Preferably you’ll do a better job at finding iconic UK landmarks than we did with our Tower Bridge shot! Move over London, we want to see the best of the rest that this fabulous nation has to offer locals and visitors alike.
What happens next?
We will share the best entries on the Love Cottages’ Instagram feed, tagging you and using the hashtags #iwasthere and #landmark.
The winning photograph will play to Instagram’s strengths: striking imagery, clever use of filter. And it will showcase the most impressive of British landmarks (everyone should want to go there after seeing your snap).
Now for the dull bit: full terms and conditions
- Open to UK residents aged 18 or over
- Competition will be open to submissions from 00:01 Friday 8 July until 23:59 Thursday 31 August 2016 (the Closing Date)
- One entry per person. Bulk, multiple or third party entries will be void.
- To enter this competition:
- Entrants must own the original copyright of the image submitted.
- Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, but in entering they licence Love Cottages Ltd (www.lovecottages.co.uk) a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes relating to the competition. Love Cottages is not obliged to publish any entries and publication of an entry does not mean that entrant has won a prize.
- Received entries meeting the above criteria (valid entries) will be reviewed by the Love Cottages Judging Panel with the winner and commended entries being announced in August. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Judging criteria includes: striking photography and beautiful references of UK landmarks (subjectivity a plenty)
- The Prize. The person posting the winning entry will:
- Be asked to provide their postal address so that the prize of Panasonic TZ70/ZS50 can be delivered to them
- Be asked to announce the news on their social media channels tagging Love Cottages appropriately per channel
- No cash alternative is available