Who is responsible for managing your information?
What information will we (Love Cottages) collect about you?
How do we use your information?
Who will we share your information with?
1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
lovecottages.co.uk is owned and maintained by
Love Cottages Ltd
3 Hitchmans Mews
2 West Street
United Kingdom (“we” or “us”)
This is our Privacy Notice and it explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information we collect or which you submit. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
2. What information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us or make queries about a potential booking, we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
3. How do we use your information?
The information you provide or which we collect may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services
- to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you (see below);
- to manage customer service queries; and
- to help us to provide details or information you may have requested
If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
We may use your name and contact details to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services.
We may share your email address with our technology providers including Google, Facebook and others (acting as data processors) for them to use on our behalf in connection with the creation of marketing and promotion for us.
They may use this to serve targeted advertising/content to you via their platforms. You can control what advertisements you receive via the privacy settings on the relevant platform.
Google and Facebook may also use socio-demographic information about you to identify other people like you, with similar interests to present our marketing to. This socio-demographic information is not used for any other purpose nor shared with any other party. No information about other individuals identified from these networks is shared with us at any time.
Data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers, marketing our services to them and helping us to provide them with the highest levels of service.
4. Who will we share your information with?
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with:
- agents for holiday cottages and holiday parks (if you are making a holiday accommodation booking)
- credit/debit card companies
At no time, unless such disclosure is required by law, or a user specifically authorises such disclosure, will Love Cottages disclose an individual users personal information that is not publicly available to unrelated third parties.
Should we become aware that site security is compromised or user non-public information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, for example external security attacks, we shall take reasonable measures, including internal investigation and notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities.
Our website contains links to other websites controlled by Love Cottages member agencies. Love Cottages is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of any linked website.
Where names, addresses and other personal information including email addresses are collected on our website, they will only be used by Love Cottages and its member agencies and we will never pass that information on to any third parties.
5. Your rights
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material
We do not use your personal data for the purpose of profiling.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below.
Love Cottages Ltd
3 Hitchmans Mews
2 West Street
Or by email to: [email protected]
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint you also have the right to raise concerns with The UK Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk
This Privacy Police was updated August 2019.